The View Limit add-on for Restrict Content Pro will need some settings configured before it will be ready to use on your site.
- Check to enable view limit – This checkbox is the plugin’s on/off switch. Check it to turn it on, un-check it to turn it off. We recommend not checking this until all settings have been configured.
- Pages before user is limited – this number represents how many pages, posts, or custom posts a user can view before they are redirected.
- Days before limit resets – The View Limit add-on keeps track of how many restricted pages each guest has viewed. Use this setting to tell View Limit how many days to keep this record before it is cleared and guests count is reset.
- Redirect page – One a guest reaches their view limit, which page would you like them to be redirected to? This would often to be set to a registration or sign up page, but you’re welcome to set it to anything you want.
- Background color – Set the background color of your count bar.
- Text color – Set the color of the text on your count bar.
- First button text – The count bar has two buttons. Use this setting to customize the text for the first button. We recommend using this button to allow members to sign in.
- Second button text – Use this setting to customize the text for the first button. We recommend using this button as a call to action for guests to sign up.
- First button link – Set the link location for the first button. This value can be either a relative link (/register/), or a full URL (https://yoursite.com/register/).
- Second button link – Set the link location for the second button. This value can be either a relative link (/sign-up/), or a full URL (https://yoursite.com/sign-up/).
- Count bar message – The count bar allows for a custom message. This custom message is intended to show guests how many views they have remaining. The remaining view count can be populated within the message with the